Here are the Stanley Cup Playoffs clinching scenarios for May 8:
Discover Central Division
The Nashville Predators will clinch a playoff berth if:
– They defeat the Carolina Hurricanes in any fashion (8 p.m. ET; BSSO, BSSO, NHL.TV).
Scotia North Division
The Toronto Maple Leafs will clinch the No. 1 seed in the Scotia North Division if:
– They get at least one point vs. the Montreal Canadiens (7 p.m. ET; NHLN, CBC, SNE, SNO, SNP, TVAS, NHL.TV) OR if the Vancouver Canucks defeat the Edmonton Oilers in any fashion (10 p.m. ET; NHLN, CBC, SN, TVAS, NHL.TV).
The Canadiens will clinch a playoff berth if:
– They defeat the Maple Leafs in any fashion AND the Oilers defeat the Canucks in any fashion OR if they get one point vs. the Maple Leafs AND the Oilers defeat the Canucks in regulation.
MassMutual East Division
The Pittsburgh Penguins will clinch the No. 1 seed in the MassMutual East Division if:
– They defeat the Buffalo Sabres in regulation (3 p.m. ET; NBC, ATTSN-PIT, MSG-B, NHL.TV) AND the Washington Capitals do not defeat the Philadelphia Flyers in regulation (7 p.m. ET; NBCSWA+, NBCSP, NHL.TV) OR if they defeat the Sabres in any fashion and the Flyers defeat the Capitals in any fashion.
– They get one point against the Sabres AND the Flyers defeat in the Capitals in regulation AND the New York Rangers defeat the Boston Bruins in any fashion (3 p.m. ET; NBC, NESN, MSG, NHL.TV).
The Capitals will clinch the No. 1 seed in the MassMutual East Division:
– If they defeat the Flyers in regulation AND the Sabres defeat the Penguins in regulation AND the Rangers defeat the Bruins in regulation